AidsArk is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about AidsArk that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The ‘personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, and address.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you
- How your information is used
- Who is collecting your information
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
- How you can access, update or delete your information
- How AidsArk treats your personal information
- What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
1. What personally identifiable information does AidsArk collect?
Via an analytics provider, we use two types of cookies on our website:
per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer and are used to store state information between visits to a site.
Google Analytics provides non-personal information to us regarding the visitors to our website using cookies embedded on our website and on adverts on third party websites should there be any. AidsArk may also monitor which websites you have come from prior to entering the AidsArk site and which websites you move on to after leaving the AidsArk site. AidsArk uses this information in order to assess the impact of, and develop adverts and campaigns.
2. How does AidsArk use my information?
AidsArk uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
3. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the AidsArk website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with AidsArk alone unless stated otherwise. For example, when you make use of our secure online donation pages, you are going through to partner companies for payment processing. AidsArk stores donor records (but not card details) remotely with cloud software provided by the SalesForce Foundation.
4. With whom does AidsArk share your information?
As a general rule, AidsArk will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you make use of our secure online donation pages, you are going through to partner companies and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
5. What are my choices regarding, collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about AidsArk’s campaign work or appeals we will send you communications regarding AidsArk’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you. AidsArk does not sell, rent or share user information with anyone.
6. What is AidsArk’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to AidsArk. We are considering ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that AidsArk maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we may hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via the form on the website with the subject ADDRESS UPDATE.
7. How does AidsArk protect my personal identifiable information?
AidsArk is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
8. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give AidsArk personal information, that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, AidsArk cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.